View Single Post
Old 2006-06-13, 11:53 AM
TTD Staff

Re: New to imac. Looking for a little advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece
One thing I haven't figured out is how to get these icons (azureus, cog, etc) off of the desktop. I dragged them to the applications folder but it only puts a shortcut there.
Perhaps the icons on the desktop are shortcuts themselves? Do an apple key + i (info) on them. It should say whether it is an application or a shortcut. If they are just shortcuts, then you can throw them away. I like to keep Azureus and Cog in my dock since I use them often (when you have them up and running, do a control + click on them (or right click if you have a two button mouse) and then you can say 'keep in dock'.

Quote:
Is there software that will play 24 bit, or higher, audio files, and does the mac support 24 bit playback?
I have no idea. I've always just used cog and iTunes to play the files I have.

Quote:
Does Toast handle decryption or do I need something separate?
Again, I don't know. I just use Toast to burn CDs and DVDs, nothing else.

Quote:
Do you use Safari or is there something better?
I use firefox because I just Looooooovvvveeeee the extensions for it.

Quote:
Do I need firewall and antivirus software?
My router acts as a firewall, so I have my System firewall off and I don't use any anitivirus protection.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes