View Single Post
Old 2007-10-12, 02:45 PM
TTD Staff

Lightbulb Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhouse73
... I was just wondering on the progress of the new version of TLH?

I hope u r having success in fixing the issues with the SBE!! ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scambro
404 on the dl link. ...
The "Fix SBEs" section has been fully re-worked, and a new beta is out. That's why the link in one of my last posts isn't valid anymore. The new beta offers _all_ the functions of v1.1.1.90 except Windows Explorer integration and a help file (the final release won't come with a help file either). The user interface is sizeable now, mkw file format is supported (for the "old traders" among us), there are some new features, a couple of improvements, and the beta works with flac 1.1.4 and shntool 3.0.4 now. You can get it from here. One of the new features is a "Check for update" function. Note that your firewall might get nervous when using this function (though the usual http port 80 is used).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scambro
... should this version fix the whole 'checksum in metadata block does not match, but md5 checksum of audio data does not match' issue after some windows SP? ...
This issue is _not_ a bug. It tells you that either the provided checksum file is invalid or the audio files are corrupt. What should be history is the WinXP SP2 sourced complete malfunction of those TLH functions that use shntool or shorten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillinReno
... I downloaded the following errorfree: Dortmund 06-17-80_Ezytouch Remaster.torrent. All the files verified, and seemed to decode w/out any issue (...). It also was importable to itunes, and plays on an ipod.

However, when I tried to burn (...), after burning other disks, I got an error about file format. The files extensions were all .wav, and I didn't see anything elsewhere that looked fishy. I also tried a couple other burning programs I have kicking around on my HD (an older Roxio, the freeware Burnatonce) with the same result. The attempted burn was rejected, and the disk spit out.

OK, here's where I think TLH comes in: there are comments in the torrent thread about converting from 24 to 16 bit (or vice versa), and a commenter mentioning that their files are just noise, so I'm thinking that I need to do this conversion to get disks burned, but I'm at a loss as to how to do this. Doesn't seem doable in TLH, unless I'm being really thickheaded. ...
Audio CDs require 16-bit 44100 Hz wav files. Process one of your files with the "Audio file details" function of TLH using _info_ mode. There are two lines "bits/sample" and "samples/sec" that will tell you whether your file are burnable. TLH is not able to do a conversion to 16-bit 44.1 kHz format. There are free programs out there that will do it (Audacity, for example).

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes