View Single Post
Old 2007-04-07, 08:57 PM
Non Serviam

Re: speed limit (not imposed by cable provider)

Phishblowz - I guess since you get good results on speedtest that rules out a whole slew of problems, like bad cable or wireless interference, modem problems, router problems, etc. I used to run Azureus and I recall it can be resource-hungry, does Azureus max out your cpu or memory resources?

Are you running XP SP 2? Have you heard about the 10 half-open tcp connection limit "feature" that MS downgraded us to? This might be old news, but if not check your system log for event 4226. Go to Start => Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Event Viewer => System. Sort by Event and scroll down to 4226. If you have a lot of these events then this could be slowing you down significantly. This is a problem that would not be detected by speedtest because it involves multiple connections, so it is mainly relevant for p2p. If your system is having this problem you could try the famous LvlLord patch to reset your TCP_CONNECT_LIMIT from 10 to something like 50 and see if that helps. The patch is available here:
http://www.lvllord.de/

Sorry if this is stuff you already thought of, I am just thrashing around trying to think of a way to help.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes