View Single Post
Old 2005-08-10, 12:30 AM
Non Serviam

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Damn, are you Stephen in disguise (RainDawg here, or sol4578 on STG)? He has a similar idea for here. We just need some programmers to work on it. I'm the only one currently programming here and I always seem to have my hands full with other projects and so he and I have never figured out exactly how we want that to work. I'd love your ideas on it. I can pass them on to Stephen and see what he thinks.
I am not sure what is feasible with respect to your tracker software and bittorrent tracker technology in general, so just let me start with a "wish list":

1)Create a database of all shows torrented on Trader's Den, to include info file, seeder, st5/ffp's, date uploaded, size, taper/bootleg title, thread/torrent #. This should be easily searchable on artist/show date, seeder, taper/bootleg title, date uploaded, thread/torrent #.

2)In the future, automatically "tack-on" a torrent file ID to the torrent folder, something like ".TDnnnnn." would be nice.

3) Better, (and I realize this is probably very difficult) auto-generate a small additional info file, something like "[TorrentFolderName]-TDNotes.txt". This should be added to the torrent somehow, and include "Uploaded to Traders Den", DB url, seeder, upload date, torrent ID, size.

Maybe this could be accomplished by having seeders fill out a short form before torrenting, but I have to wonder if this would stop certain seeders from posting here (see page 1). Personally, I would vote against anything that discouraged people (especially tapers) from seeding. So whatever is done in this vein better be extremely user-friendly.

Let me know what you think, maybe we can take this off-line and talk some tech talk with you and RainDawg in a couple of days, I have a window between semesters after tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes