Thread: Wavpack
View Single Post
Old 2005-04-22, 12:44 PM

Re: Wavpack

You make a very convincing case for Wavpack here. In fact, you're opening my eyes with this post, thanks for that.

Yes, we need to encourage development. There's still ppl seeding new shows in SHN format, change is difficult for a lot of us. Part of this is a fear of change, and part of it is a distrust of YALAC (Yet Another Lossless Audio Codec). I mean, should we just add the best 8 codecs (other than the allowed three) tomorrow?

RainDawg has been very busy recently, his input on this topic will help this discussion along. I know he'll have something to say about portable support. Since I don't have a portable I can't give much of a valid opinion on this other than "some ppl like it and it is good to have". My only (so far ) issue with Wavpack right now is lack of SHNtool support. I expect this can be worked out, probably in the next few months. I'd also like to know that there's xACT SHNtool support for Mac users as well.

I respect your opinions and its this faith that makes me want to back you up on this--but only when there's SHNtool/TLH/xACT support.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes