View Single Post
Old 2005-07-05, 09:25 AM

Re: New Tracker now Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Hey Chris,

We are just going to let the older torrents die. We'll clear them off the tracker (put them in Inactive) a bit faster than normal, and then if someone wants a reseed, it can go on the new tracker (with stats). I actually talked to both Hal (who uses this tracker on his site) and bowman (my server guy) about what it would take to convert all the other torrents to new torrents on the new tracker and it just seemed like a lot of effort.
Thaks Lynne, just what I needed to know. Not a problem for me at all.

Hopefully whatever the communication problem between the new tracker and BitTornado can be figured out sometime. I currently use 6 different BT trackers, and Tornado is the only client that works with all of them. It must have something to so with the way Tornado announces its stats to this tracker. I was connected most of the night to the Floyd Live8 swarm and this AM there was no change, but as soon as I hit the 'manual announce' button, there had been an update to my stats when I came back to the site. (Don't know if that helps any, it has probably already been discussed.) I just don't think it is fair to say that the Bit Tornado client is faulty, when it works on several other trackers.

Thanks again to you and Hal and bowman, and anyone else involved. This kind of volunteer dedication is a rarity and is a wonderful thing to be a part of. Y'all deserve a lot more!

ChrisJ