View Single Post
Old 2005-02-15, 07:15 PM
What'cha Got There?

RIP Music Lounge? aka What's the Site Announcement Forum For?

Not to gripe or anything, but some of us don't have the time to log into the Den everyday (multiple times as some do)....shouldn't this forum be used to announce to everyone that the Lounge was being axed out....and perhaps why? Yes, after digging around in the General Forum I found some threads relating to the matter but....

Also a counter comment to U2Lynne mentioning that the Lounge only got a couple posts a day....using that same logic shouldn't forums like "Loops" "Vines" and this very forum be eliminated too? People can just post all that in the General Forum if a lack of posts is reason enough for deleting a forum.

What actually boggles my mind is that the Den was set up for the exchange of music/and music related discussion....and the music forum gets the axe. I find that to be true irony, or an indication of just how much interest the participants here actually have in music discussion.

Suggestion #1? I've noticed it's possible to PM to more than one person with the same message,...why not make it possible to post a thread to more than one forum (by the thread creator only)?...any follow-up posts would follow the rules set by the thread creator. That way if someone is worried that no one will read their thread in the appropiate forum they can cross it over the the general forum.

Suggestion #2? Delete all the forums and only leave the General. (I'm serious!...sortta) If I follow some of the comments correctly on the deletion of the Music Lounge, a large number of people don't care to flip from one forum to another so I think it should be made easy for everyone to just have one forum to go to. Later on if the need arises you can create different forums,

Realizing I'm a small voice in the crowd (i.e., not a post whore ) my opinion shouldn't hold much sway, but if you plan on getting any significant size to the Den, having everything lumped into one forum only because people are too lazy or don't have the etiquette to post in a more appropriate forum might not be bad now, but later with more users...could lead to confusion or frustration as they try to find a post from "just a couple days ago" afterall, wasn't lazy programming what lead to the whole Y2K problem.

Anyways...still love y'all...just doing a sanity check. Feel free to bash me