View Single Post
Old 2010-08-15, 03:34 PM

lineage questions, why are they important?

I hope I don't offend the hardcore tapers on here by asking these questions but I was rather surprised to see my torrent quickly pulled (and equally quickly put back), over linage questions.

I included the microphone battery box and recorder info as the lineage. Again I'm not a hardcore taper or trader, just tape a couple of bands frequently but I always thought people only cared about what microphones, preamp analog to digital converter and recorder were important. I usually try and post location at venue and mic stand height if I know a well.

The shows in question are shows I transferred in 2002-2003 era. My dat deck no longer exists and the 7 pin to either coax and optical cables are long gone. Does it really matter which connection was used as long as its a digital transfer? Would you not download a show based on which digital cable was used for transfer? I understand that analog transfers are not allowed of digital music so I would assume every show I see her is a digital transfer.

Again not trying to offend anyone. I understand that microtech gefell mics sound better then CSB's and using an external preamp is better then what is built into your recorder. I don't understand why what cable you used to transfer as long as its digital is relevant, or which programs you're using for the transfer as long as you are not doing something stupid like normalizing the show.

thanks again, no offense intended.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes