View Single Post
Old 2006-06-13, 08:10 PM

Re: BAD trader, Liar= Ragu420 Ragu421 whatever

I just have to jump in to this... I know more about bittorent then I do about snail mail trades, but heh. Just because TTD doesent enforce ratios doesent mean ratios dont matter. I am happy it doesent enforce ratios, as it just works better that way. Everyone has alot more download speed then upload speed, and most people who have a bad ratio will just be all "oh, I can download faster then I upload. You honestly expect me to take extra time to upload that I could take downloading?". Now, in my opinion, any ratio above 0.8 or so is fine. You have to give people some slack like that. But often (not all the time, definitally) if you get any lower then that you are just a leecher. I have to say it many times though, not all people with low ratios are. But many are.

If someone has the mindset "I dont have to other traders digitally with torrents", then chances are they might also have the mindset "I dont have to give back to other traders non digitally, with snail mail".

I used to have an ISP that capped me extremly (I still managed to keep a good ratio, I just didnt download as much) You know what I did? I switched. Now I can download alot more, and still keep a good ratio.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes