View Single Post
Old 2005-12-29, 05:26 PM
alchemy71085

Re: MPEG-4 Audio Lossless is served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizby
Hey, I like it as much as the next person, but how many major motion pictures have you seen that use that? I've seen one, and that was a 75 minute B&W film. Granted, most film releases today go the 5.1 route to stay more true to the multichannel source. For DVDs in this community, I would rather they all have LPCM audio (well, most of the time). But for commercial DVD releases, I don't mind losing some audio quality. Four to eight gigs is appallingly small for video already. When the next generation comes into full swing, hopefully they'll adopt the lossless format.

In conclusion,
Yea, I find it appalling that Microsft and Apple tries to shove the .mp3 down our throat. Hasn't anyone noticed that there is a drastic drop in audio quality? Are people really that willing to take quantity over quality when it comes to audio and music? Again, ridiculous.

I live in hope that one day we will come up with new smaller technologies that support large amounts of space, and thus a return will be made to lossless audio formats.

I keep it lossless and I think it's well worth it!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes