View Single Post
Old 2005-12-19, 02:56 PM
Take what you want

Re: Cue sheets, disc images, tag info and online databases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
most of the stuff on this tracker is continuous audio so the concern about gaps is warranted... however, I have never had a problem burning a gapless audio cdr from any fileset so long as it does not have SBEs or are sourced from bad tracks with SBEs/TAO gaps burned into them. In these cases we ask the seeder or a peer to take care of this problem and reseed asap.

As for tags, I would like to see more ppl include them (and not just by checking "add tags" on FFE). Our focus is on trading perfect audio so tags will remain highly recommended (and optional) for the forseeable future. I think I could count the # of seeders using tags here on my fingers.
Hey
I would love to add meta data to my flac's... is there a good DB field naming spec to follow... I find re typing the names of songs into a database or into itunes for personal use such a pain... It would be great to get track# disc# Artist, show date, set, song name, lineage etc into the flac so that if you rip, burn or other the information travels with the file, song folder etc...

It is nice to have a text file with the seed. but it would be great to have a CSV or like with information to populate a play list or a Data base... These forums are at the bleeding edge of Digital music. many of us don't use burnable media any more.. I have about a TByte of storage packed with SHN, WAV, FLAC and MP3 that I use on Portable players, IP players and Computer to 'Stereo' Players.... What I need is a central DB to access this info... The bummer is that I have to T Y P E every F^ing character into the DB my self....

I mean I do it. 5 does it . Mamba does it and so on and so on... if it was done from the start in the seed it would be done once PERIOD... This forum is poised to set that standard if it stands up and does it... I'm sure that TLH or FOOBAR would want to add this type of functionality or even has it but the standards aren't there or not enforced....

Thoughts?