View Single Post
Old 2004-11-12, 08:56 PM

Re: Policy on "remastering"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDawg
Well, Rider, I think we can all usually tell the difference between people who know what they are doing and those who don't. I don't want to see CDR > Soundforge > FLAC without any notes as to what was done.

If someone is seeding their own masters or remasters where they give us the courtesy of telling us what the changed, that's fine. I have a hard time just trusting someone I don't know to the music as I've gotten too many ruined recordings.

So, would the mystery person be willing to share his process with us? No one is going to force them to upload before/after stuff if they've got well-detailed notes.
: Totally agree with this requirement. Either document it, or leave it alone. Hopefully, people who will take the time to document their procedures will also be capable of handling the software properly.

It's been pretty hysterical to view some of the waveforms of shows I grab and audition. When I hear one of these "WTF is that" tracks, I'll usually run it thru spectrum to see what it looks like. It's amazing sometimes to see the falloffs, notches and spikes that some people consider to be "good audio".

There have been a LOT of times that downloads get deleted because they're simply too painful to listen to. (I know I'm preaching to the choir here....)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes