Thread: Modern Day FMs
View Single Post
Old 2007-09-11, 01:12 PM

Re: Modern Day FMs

that springsteen doesn't look typical at all! maybe its prefm? or somehow a lot of highs have been generated...

another thing that dawned on me is that cassettes can't record the upper highs so that's probably why I'm having trouble finding older fms with the carrier visible.

Pawel, the first three are pretty decent, look to be similar in quality to an MD (atrac) recording. but the 4th is lower-quality than 128kbps cbr mp3.

I don't understand the bitrates... the one that says '192kbps' is not like an mp3 at 192kbps I guess its something with the different codec?

I'm not sure how we would go about allowing the kind of captures you're posting... so long as its recorded well and the cutoff it above 16kHz it would be similar or slightly better in quality than some of the modern fm 'open air' broadcasts we've allowed here. Right now we have the advantage of allowing stuff taped from the open air and not allowing stuff that isn't. Its a real can of worms to try to suss out which digital sources are okay and which are not. They usually don't look (or presumably sound) as high quality as the first three you've posted above.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes