View Single Post
Old 2021-01-19, 10:24 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Re: Tagging Shows for Network Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifH12345 View Post
Its nice when uploaders tag flacs before sharing, but everyone has their own preferences. If you tag a show as soon as you get it, in theory you shouldn't ever have to deal with it again, it only takes a few seconds, however I've had tags disappear on some files.

If you have lots of shows by the same artist, you can bulk tag the artist line.
The only problem with changing tags once you download something is that you'll also have to stop seeding it back once the tags are modified by you - the files won't check right in your torrent program after that. Unless you make a copy for your tag modifying needs and keep the original files seeding, that is...

I much prefer the taper or uploader to have tagged files as completely and as descriptively as possible before they upload. I hate when files are names with no real identifying names other than something that looks more like a Costco product code! So stupid when you've got to open the test file to see what the tracks are named! Fuck that system!

Tag your files before you share them!