View Single Post
Old 2005-10-26, 09:32 AM
TTD Staff

Re: A question about burning shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_hatter
When I was trading shows before I never downloaded any. I had bought a few then traded for the rest. I stopped for about a year and now there's these great sites for getting them and I'm terribly confused about the proper etiquette of trading these downloaded shows.

So, when i trade flac sourced shows with people they're going to want a data disc with the original files? or is it a wishy washy subject amongst traders? I don't want to send someone a show that they won't be pleased with. Happy trades make this world go round.
re: Audio shows -- used to alot of people traded in regular Audio CD format, but these days most traders prefer lossless files [flac, shn, etc] *WITH* info text/lineage, checksum [md5, ffp, st5], and any artwork that was included with the show...Audio CDs need to be extracted using EAC [which can lead to errors], so trading in data disc format is the preferred method.

also with DVD shows, most traders want you to include the md5 checksum, info texts, art, etc when trading a DVD show.