View Single Post
Old 2004-12-21, 12:28 AM
green and submarine

Question iMic, yea or nay?

Ok, I saw the iMic in a show's lineage and was curious as to what it was. So I browsed its homepage and it seems like a bang up product. Of course I am only seeing it through their eyes. Does anyone have one, and if so what do you think of it?

For such a low price I am thinking of picking it up. As of now, I am extracting my minidisc shows via the headphone jack of my Sharp MD-MT180 through a 1/8" male to 1/8" male cable that came with the minidisc (I am guessing it is analog) and into the analog in of a Sound Blaster Audigy MP3+. Would it produce any positive difference if I used the iMic instead of the sound card?

Also, can anyone recommend a good cable with which to use in the transfer? It seems I could do better than the default cable.

And no comments such as "You should get such and such equipment" or "send it to someone who can do it digitally". If I could seriously upgrade my equipment I would, and essentially all of my shows are of local or lesser known bands so it would be hard to find someone who would be willing to transfer all of them. I just want to know about the iMic, if it would be better compared to my current situation, or some good cable recommendations.

Thanks