View Single Post
Old 2005-06-10, 01:29 PM
You are TOO

Re: PC won't load windows

Ok, I have to go soon too. When you get the chance, go HERE and choose the correct boot disk to make based on either Home/Pro and SP1 or not (if you have SP2, choose SP1 for the boot disk).
Once you've done that, read these instructions copied from that page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by from artice
HOW TO USE A BOOT DISKETTE

Once the bootable diskette has been successfully created following the below steps you will be able to boot from the diskette.

Place the diskette into write protect mode (incase a virus is on the computer this will not allow the virus to transfer itself onto the diskette).
Insert the diskette into the computer and reset or turn on the computer to begin the boot process.
As the computer is booting the computer is booting up, answer the questions prompted (if any).
Once at the A:\> take the appropriate actions depending upon the situation of the computer.
Once at the A:\> prompt, you'll need to insert a blank floppy so you can copy the boot.ini file to it. To copy boot.ini follow my instructions carefully by noting the correct number of spaces and DO NOT copy the quotes - only copy what's between them. For example: "copy(1 space)a:\(1 space)c:\" would mean that there is a single space between the word "copy" and the following lower case letter "a" and another single space between the backslash and the following lower case letter "c". Also, DO NOT copy the parenthesis.

Ok, do the following, hitting the "enter" key after each line:

c: <enter>
copy(1 space)boot.ini(1space)a: <enter>

...that's it. You should now have a copy of the boot.ini file on the floppy. Open it in Notepad and copy/paste everything and post it here. I hope I'll be able to fix it.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes