View Single Post
Old 2007-04-11, 01:41 PM

Serious Problems - VHS - Need Help

Yo guys..I have some serious problems..I have a bunch of 30-40 unsurfaced shows that I wanted to convert to dvd..I brought Hauupage PVR USB2 capture device but it had problems with VirtualDub so took it back and got a refund..then went and brought a VHS/DVD Recorder Combi for £150..problem is I am from Europe and all the tapes I was trying to convert with my new machine were ntsc..When I put my ntsc vhs into my newly brought PAL VHS/DVD Combi it actually runied the tape..the VHS tape no longer plays..I have lost around 5 or more unsurfaced shows I would say, which really really p****s me off as I also did not yet watch these shows so I doubt they will see the light of day and will never know what they were like..Angrily I next went and took this £150 combi back to buy a £60 standalone single dvd recorder..I hooked my newly brought single standalone DVD recorder to
both my 2 vhs players at home which are PAL and have NTSC playback and play my NTSC VHS tapes perfect in perfect resolution/colour etc but when they were plugged into standalone the recorded DVD was in black and white!

Im getting really stressed out about the whole situation can somebody please please help me out!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes