View Single Post
Old 2007-02-26, 01:52 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper - SHN Decode problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjeremy
TLH is a great program but I'm having problems with its ".shn" format decoding process.

Whenever I go to decode an .shn file TLH is coming back with a "file is possibly truncated or corrupt" message but, when I then use mkw Audio Compression Tool to decode to wave, everything works out fine - I end with a perfect .wav file.

Anyone else have this problem or a possible fix/work around ?

Thanks in advance - Jeremy
Most likely you're having a problem with your OS. Please run a test: use TLH to show the file details of one of your shn files. Is there a "... fatal error - C:\WINDOWS\shntool.exe: *** fork: can't reserve memory" error ..." error message?

If yes Windows OS (WinXP SP2) refuses to give shntool the memory needed. This "behaviour" is introduced by either one of the Windows security updates or the way the update was received (direct file download or use of Windows Update function). Until now there is *no* workaround/fix known to get Windows "back to normal", even an un-install of the latest release and re-install of the previous release of TLH will *not* help at all! The only thing that does help is a complete new WinXP installation ...

If you're not getting the error message described above please contact me via email.

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes