View Single Post
Old 2006-12-28, 01:04 AM
spiritinaphoto

Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin117
I've been looking at Foobar, really considering it. I need to learn more about php scripting, but I believe it should be my next step.
As far as antiviirus and defrag, I do, regularly, but I also don't see why it should be an issue on a comp that I just completely rebuilt from the ground up. The only things still extant from the old system are drives, and they c and d drives were both scoured before I did a clean install of a full version of xp home followed immediately by an upgrade to xp pro. (I have in the last few weeks realized that what I really need to do is learn and utilize some form of Linux distro, but for now, I need something that recognizes both my soundcard and my media drive at the same time, without a deep approri knowledge of bash) blah blah blah

please help me make microsoft not suck
Well, foobar does use less system resources than Winamp.

That being said, maybe you need to switch to another BT client for now. I've heard µTorrent is pretty neat--I haven't ever used it, but that was because it came out after I switched to Linux.

P.S. If you want to make the switch, I recommend either Ubuntu (easiest install ever--I'm currently using this distro because SuSE removed support for my wireless chipset) or SuSE (bit more involved install, but nothing too tough--they just give you more install options).
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes