View Single Post
Old 2010-02-25, 10:36 AM
venga al país alto
TTD VIP

Re: VHS Transfers & Quality [moved from the Van Halen Largo thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
lordsmurf lordsmurf lordsmurf, for fuck's sake -- the guy's name is Lord and smurf and you think he walks on water?!?!?! [snip] i'm sorry but just because some random nobody, and i mean nobody, says something on a BB, that doesn't make it true -- not me, not you, and certainly not a guy who refers to himself as "lordsmurf"
Why focus on his screen name? Totally irrelevent. Kevin (lordsmurf) is a really nice guy who I've corresponded with occasionally since I started transferring. I can't vouch for his credentials, but he isn't just spouting bad info. He is in the commercial video field, and much of what he says is verifiable and sound. Has he been in error on some things? Yes, but so have you and I. The info he provides is just that - another voice to be compared with other knowledgeable voices to form a consensus. No single source should be relied upon, in my opinion. He is genuinely trying to help the online video community and doesn't deserve to be dragged through the mud because you're frustrated.