View Single Post
Old 2010-02-25, 09:51 AM

Re: VHS Transfers & Quality [moved from the Van Halen Largo thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
i'm sorry but just because some random nobody, and i mean nobody, says something on a BB, that doesn't make it true -- not me, not you, and certainly not a guy who refers t himself as "lordsmurf"...when there's numerous people saying somethin, its worth a look...when a majority of the field agrees, i'll take it as a given
Lordsmurf is not a nobody. Remember, he makes his living doing what you and I are talking about.

Quote:
so sorry, no i don't really give much weight to Lordsmurf's opinion...nor do i need you, someone who's never worked in the field, to validate whether my SVHS deck is "professional" or not [again you skirt technical issues by making attacks, pretty obvious and weak]...
When did I attack you?

Quote:
the deal is is no one else around here agrees with you
Doesnt matter if they agree or not.

Quote:
no one believes using 10+ yo outdated gear made for consumers is gonna give you better results than a dedicated transfer station
Doesnt matter what anyone believes.

Quote:
even the people d/ling yer supposed upgrade thought it was worse than the other upgrade circulating
Remember, those were the same people who didnt see anything wrong with the previous version.

Quote:
don't come whining when sites like this don't allow you to seed yer shows anymore
Whats that supposed to mean?

Quote:
standalone transfers will be seen to the door for what they are, inferior
This is what someone who I know just wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limulus
another time my stand alone-recorder dvdr looks better than an DV/PC-transfer encoded 9pass
Quote:
the good part is we wanted to use this discussion to show some of the typical misinformation circulating within the amateur VHS transferring circles
I gotta tell you, I let you give me advice because you said you were a professional and im hugely disappointed, not because you insulted me but because I didnt learn anything new.
As far as being called an "amateur".
I wont even bother to respond to that.