View Single Post
Old 2010-02-25, 08:53 AM
TTD Staff

Re: VHS Transfers & Quality [moved from the Van Halen Largo thread]

lordsmurf lordsmurf lordsmurf, for fuck's sake -- the guy's name is Lord and smurf and you think he walks on water?!?!?!

1. obviously every little bit of information you get comes from videohelp.com
2. obviously when it comes to video editing, the real experts only post at videohelp.com
3. obviously if yer happy with the results, there's no reason to try and improve and there are no better routes
4. when in doubt, stick yer head up yer ass, ignore the world, and post a link to videohelp.com

i think that about sums it up -- textbook n00b 101 shit...i've got to forward this stuff on to some other folks i know cuz its classic! but by all means, you and Lordsmurf are the experts

i'm sorry but just because some random nobody, and i mean nobody, says something on a BB, that doesn't make it true -- not me, not you, and certainly not a guy who refers t himself as "lordsmurf"...when there's numerous people saying somethin, its worth a look...when a majority of the field agrees, i'll take it as a given

so sorry, no i don't really give much weight to Lordsmurf's opinion...nor do i need you, someone who's never worked in the field, to validate whether my SVHS deck is "professional" or not [again you skirt technical issues by making attacks, pretty obvious and weak]...

the deal is is no one else around here agrees with you, no one believes using 10+ yo outdated gear made for consumers is gonna give you better results than a dedicated transfer station -- even the people d/ling yer supposed upgrade thought it was worse than the other upgrade circulating...when the whole worlds telling you yer wrong, ya might wanna listen

don't come whining when sites like this don't allow you to seed yer shows anymore -- because just like MiniDisc, standalone transfers will be seen to the door for what they are, inferior..."i recorded a show on my phone, its mp3 but it sounds good to me" -- sorry no...the "its good enough for me" defense holds no weight!

the good part is we wanted to use this discussion to show some of the typical misinformation circulating within the amateur VHS transferring circles, so that others might learn what to do and what not to do [and how not to act]...i think you pretty much played the part i knew you would