View Single Post
Old 2008-06-12, 09:38 PM
Fuck 2024

Re: Anyone else getting 100 KB/sec upload with Comcast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggrd View Post
Quote:
According to leaked docs, Comcast is officially bumping up their previously tiny upload caps on two of their plans tomorrow. Their 6Mbps/384Kbps plan is becoming 6Mbps/1Mbps, and the 8Mbps/768Kbps plan is becoming 8Mbps/2Mbps. Some people might think they have this rate already because of Comcast's recently rolled out PowerBoost feature, which eliminates bandwidth caps on files of 10MB or less, and gives you a peak speed of about 2Mbps. This explains any extraordinarily high results you've been getting when using a bandwidth test site—which usually test uploads with files less than 10MB. Look out for this to hit tomorrow. See the official release after the jump.

http://gizmodo.com/5015669/comcast-i...-2x3x-tomorrow
Nice.

Thanks for the info, and I am most definitely getting the upload speed and not just the powerboost thing. I've had that for a while, but it fizzled out after a few minutes. For the past few days I've had a constant speed of 80-150 kbs depending on how many seeders and leechers were on a torrent.

It would be nice if it stayed like this, because my ratio and ability to upload have suffered since the sandvine thing & having to use encryption.

~Dorothy Parker
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes