View Single Post
Old 2007-07-03, 11:00 AM

Re: Question(s) about 24 bit and 16 bit

I tested them after I converted them and then ran them through TLH and fixed the SBE's with a len check and it said there were no errors. I use Roxio Easy Media Creator V9 and have never had a problem before. I burned at a high rate and a low rate and get the same problems. I downloaded EAC and even burned the first disc and I'm still getting the same problems. There seems to be a glitch in the transition of the tracks. Once the track is changed from one to the other there seems to be a millisecond of silence where the track would normally skip. The 2 second gaps were removed on both Roxio and EAC.

I'm beginning to wonder if the problem was with how Audacity converted the 24-bit to 16-bit. I've never had a problem with an original 16-bit recording before. I've burned many a show with Roxio and never had the errors I'm getting with this one which leads me to believe that the conversion didn't work as I thought. It converted the tracks, but there are errors that seem inherent in the tracks themselves.