View Single Post
Old 2022-09-21, 02:48 PM

Arrow Zomb torrents status update

Hey all!

REGISTRATION AND PASSWORD RECOVERY SHOULD WORK AGAIN (2023-07-27)

Some folks were wondering what is the status of Zomb Torrents in the TTD closing announcement thread so here is an update on it.

1) It appears registration confirmation emails have not been actually sent since March 2022. Or they are very efficiently getting blocked. I think it's the former, but it's just my guess based on when the last login of a new account was.

2) Max user count was reached in June 2022 without anyone noticing.

3) Password recovery might not work at all at this time.

I have posted in Zomb staff forums some days ago about the situation, but I have received no replies. In the end it depends on the site owner if they want to do anything at all to fix things

But to somewhat better news....

1) I wrote a browser script to delete few older pending accounts in small batches so there is now some room to register. For now I'll do this manually once a day when I notice max user count approaching again.

2) I will once a day manually enable all pending accounts created during and after September 2022. I will usually do this during the evening hours (GMT+2).

3) If you really need to access your old account PM me here with your account name (also need to figure some other place for this if TTD goes away, any suggestions?) and I will manually reset the password. This means I will generate a random 30 character password and insert it as the account password and email it to the email address linked to the Zomb account. I will not store it anywhere and I will see all your (very limited) info anyway since I'm an admin. I'll do this also once a day, if I the have time.

TL;DR;

1) You can register -> Zomb Torrents.
2) Wait anywhere from approx 1-30 hours for me to manually enable accounts before trying to login.
3) PM Deadmarsh at TTD if you need to reset password and wait for an email from me (again anywhere from approx 1-30 hours).

This all is obviously not an ideal solution, but better than nothing

Last edited by Deadmarsh; 2023-07-27 at 04:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes