View Single Post
Old 2005-09-18, 01:00 AM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP

Re: Vegas 6.0/DVD Architect 3.0 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpernal
Hi y'all. I'm currently in the process of adding new audio to existing DVDs, and am having trouble with a few things. I was able to synch up the new audio track (4-4-98 livephish download, for personal use ONLY) with the video, render it to MPEG4, and that is about it. I wanted to use the existing menus from the copy of the show I already have, and set up chapters on the new video to coincide with the chapters on the existing menu. I'm just learning my way around Vegas and DVD Arch, so any sugestions would be helpful.

Thanks a lot!!!

Dave P.
[email protected]
You would need the original .dar file (created by DVD Architect) in order to reuse the menus. Actually, even with that, you'd have a problem, because you'd need the original clips / stills used in the original menus.

To get started - open DVD A and right click on the work area and click on "insert media" to add your main mpeg2. An avatar with text below it will appear on the screen. If you want to get rid of the avatar (I only use text base menu buttons) right click on it and go to button options and choose accordingly.

If you set your chapter points in Vegas Video (highly recommended and much easier than doing it in DVD A), when you right click on the mpeg2 avatar/text in the main work area and select "insert scene selection menu" all the chapter points will be included. By doing the "insert scene selection menu" a second avatar w/ text will appear. Double click that and it will take you to the scene/song selection menu. Arrange things in there as you wish.

In the menu page properties (right side of work area) you will see where you select the menu video (or still) and audio. If you select video (an mpeg2 clip) you also have to select the same clip for audio.

These are the basics - there's a lot more to it. I learned how to use it by reading the manual - which I highly recommend. You can ask questions forever - but you'll just get little bits and pieces. It's all fully explained in the manual. Also Sony has a forum for each program at its website and just about every question you could ever imagine has been asked there. Just go there and use the search function.

Cheers,

Randy
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes