View Single Post
Old 2005-12-16, 10:49 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP

Re: Ratio Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabaggins
while i agree that a share ratio enforcement would be beneficial to weed out the skallywaggers who hit and run. it hurts the dndlder's who have to wait to jump on a torrent due to there upld caps. i dont think that share ratio enforcement is the only means necessary to weed out the junk. after all, the groove can stay alive through vines or bnp's. sometimes it can be tough to keep a 1:1 ratio depending on the torrent and peers. i think enforcement should be based on one's contribution to the community. i mean there are the one's who blatantly hit and run and then there are the kat's who make this site effin fantastic.
I agree...sometimes it is hard to keep 1:1 depending on a particular torrnet and number of peers wanting to dl that show, but the point is that almost everybody has an upload cap including myself...if everyone had a 0.1 ratio then nothing would ever be shared...the burden of spreading the music should be spread among the community and it is not right for some people to just download and then run on to dl the next torrent and the next without ever stopping to share...lets be realistic here for a second too, those that are ul their parts are usually the ones doing the b&p offers and dvd/cd production as well and those that aren't ul their parts are usually just pure leeches imo
btw, people can know who is doing their part when they notice other people with a ratio like 1.16 such as your own--thanks!

in final thought....ppl with ul cap (ie everybody) cannot dl every single show that they see...MAIL TRADE PPL!!!!

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes