View Single Post
Old 2005-06-13, 03:25 PM
You are TOO

Re: Slow Downloads....

@ Uhclem - Below is the image to which I refered. Notice Microsoft's description on UPnP - "Description: Allows your computer to discover and control Universal Plug and Play devices." That's why I was thinking you may have been incorrect about not needing the services to be running. You disproved that, and I'm inclined to believe that once more Microsoft doesn't know very much about computers and how they actually work . BTW, MS wasn't my original source of info. That source, as is MS, is not very reliable, in my eyes now.

@ DextrousJ - Yes, your router has to have UPnP. It appears that you do not have UPnP capability. Carefully check ALL of the settings pages and options/buttons to see if they moved the UPnP to somewhere else. If you don't find it, then maybe a different firmware version will give to the capability. I just noticed the image in the link I posted refers to a different model than yours, but the search results DO include yours. I would get in touch with D-Link and ask them if your model has the capability. If not, can you get it? Have the firmware version ready, because they'll most likely ask you. If you have to email, make sure to include the model and firmware version.

Maybe uhclem will know more, but that's all the help I can be until you have the UPnP capability.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes