View Single Post
Old 2005-12-11, 09:31 PM
spiritinaphoto

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

Hi there--this question is about the first in a series of fairly low circulation Porcupine Tree shows I'd like to seed. My question is whether or not it would be acceptable for me to mention the mics and rig in the lineage information I provide if I'm not 100% certain that's the exact source (I'd say I'm about 95% certain of the mics and rig used, since there isn't another documented source in circulation of the show in question).

Here's the show I want to seed: http://db.etree.org/myshows_detail.php?showid=5886428

The part of the lineage I am certain of would be the following, and yes, I do have the EAC log files (okay, I don't know which program he used for the FLAC encoding--I think he used TLH, but I don't want to guess):
CD-R [x] > EAC > WAV > FLAC

So would it be acceptable for me to mention the 'Aiwa CM-DS6 > Sony WM-D3' part in the lineage?

I suppose this question more or less applies to the other shows I got in this trade. Quite a few of the shows were extracted from audio CD-Rs like the one in question (so they'd have the same bit of known lineage), but a couple are FLAC filesets that don't have a CD-R generation, yet the source is a best guess. Would those shows be acceptable, or am I going to have to seed those ones at DIME?

I'd like to seed as many of these shows over here as possible, since these shows have the potential to draw many PT traders to this site--this series of seeds I've promised to do has caused a fair amount of anticipation.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes