View Single Post
Old 2005-12-09, 03:39 AM

Re: Putting a VCD on a DVD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffooky
I'm presuming you have at least one Mac as you were asking about defragging recently.

The easiest way if you have Toast 7.* is to pop your VCD in the drive and either drag out the AVSEQ**.DAT files (found in the MPEGAV folder) and rename them to .mpg or fire up Toast and hit cmd-I. In the bottom partition (Details), the track(s) with the QuickTime icon are the MPEG1 files on your VCD. Select the Tracks you want and hit Save As. The drag & rename method will only work with VCD's, you have to use the Toast extraction with the files within SVCD's.

Once you have enough tracks/movies to make a fullish DVD, you can name them appropriately, go to the Video tab, select DVD-Video and drag 'em all in. You can create a menu, edit the titles and then either allow Toast to encode to DVD spec with its default settings or choose your own parameters by selecting the Custom button and hitting More. I suggest you try a few settings and create a disc image which you can then view with DVD Player so you can get a disc space/quality balance you're happy with.

worked perfectly. thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes