View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 01:16 PM
Peninsulanwolf

Re: Linux and UDF 2.5

Actually I did spend a brief moment trying to install Silicon Empire, but compilation exited with an unexplained error. Probably a missing dependency, I was in a hurry to get to my local holiday weekend music fest, but I will try again soon. I was also unable to find a download link for NeroLinux 4, other than to update from earlier versions. Again, didn't put much time or effort into it. Your effort to ask around is much appreciated, thank you!

As for lugging my PC around, I confess I was trying to be feces-ish. My only Deadhead friend still doesn't even own a computer, much less a Blu Ray player (only recently finally got a cell phone) so I wouldn't be able to share the Phil and Friends in HD with them unless I did lug my PC and monitor over there. I do, however, have friends and family that own Blu Ray devices, and a BR disc would be less hassle than hooking up an external hdd to their computer, not to mention that my external hdd doesn't currently have the 35 GB of free space that the P&F show requires. But, as you've pointed out, it is a solution that wouldn't require buying anything new.

Anyway, it's kinda moot for me since I've pretty much decided that those occasions I'd like to share HD video with friends and family is too infrequent to justify buying a Blu Ray burner. Burning discs is so 2000's
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes