View Single Post
Old 2005-06-23, 04:07 PM

Re: EAC and Nero StartSmart

things have changed for the better...

around 5 years ago everybody was doing audio cdr trades. when you copy cdr to cdr with nero the copy is not identical (this has been proven). you also can't verify like with a data cdr (altho there are ways to verify nero doesn't provide them). So each audio cdr copy adds a generation just like a cassette. It is generally a lot more perfect than an analog generation it still can add errors. Skips, clicks, even tracks that won't play all the way thru (or at all). I know firsthand because I collected a couple hundred audio cdrs back then and a bunch of them have the problems I listed above. So since I don't like getting music with glitches, I do my utmost to avoid making imperfect copies.

etree.org invented a system of keeping music bit-perfect and set the standards for trading perfect copies of audio. All the "trading" sites adopted their system with little variations reflecting the personalities of each site admin & staff.

step one is very simple, start using EAC (offsets corrected) to copy shows. Follow the EAC link in my signature for all the info because you need to configure EAC. Once you get a few more FLAC sets you'll see how we do it not just at this site but also many others.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes