View Single Post
Old 2005-08-07, 05:52 AM

Re: Spotting Lossy Sources--links inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffooky
I think this may be a typo...Audacity does the FA thang very nicely.

Adobe don't want to let me use Audition on my computer
you are correct, I meant to say Audacity I fixed to typeo to avoid confusion.

thanks range_hood for posting the link to the FLAC filter. I use that all the time. Monkey's Audio also comes with a CEP/Audition filter, when you install it you can find APE.flt in the Monkey's Audio\Tools folder. Just copy that over to the main CEP/Audition folder (you'll know it's the right folder because you'll see other .flt files there). With these filters you can read and write FLAC and APE directly into/out of CEP/Audition. There is no SHN filter I've ever been able to find. There is one for wavpack, tho.

There are a whole series of progs leading up to Adobe Auditon 1.5 (current as of this post). They're all very similar. I believe the original is CE96, then came CE2000, then CEPv1.x (last 1.x version was 1.2a) followed by v2.0 and the last was v2.1. Then Adobe bought Syntrillium and put out Adobe Audition 1.0 which was a couple builds up but pretty much CEPv2.1 with different branding. Audition 1.5 has some real development put into it, the marquee tool being the most useful and significant. Now you can actually draw boxes on spectograms and process only the contents which is a lot more useful than it might seem. I'm wondering if they're going to begin slowly adding all the photoshop tools over time They also now have VST support but its nowhere near as good as most of the wrappers/adapters made by others. I believe spinaudio.com still offers an excellent freeware one but best of all is ffx-4 which does VST>DX and also fx chains. ffx-4 is also available for free as a winamp plugin, giving full DX/VST capabilities to that player, one of the big reasons I still use that prog which has recently become somewhat unpopular.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes