View Single Post
Old 2010-08-11, 06:09 PM
TTD VIP

Re: TTD Staff: Why don't you follow your own rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
yes, and we always cease and desist when asked - by the owner of the performance - you know, like the BAND or it's management. It's happened a few times and is no big deal.
We have never allowed trading of bands that request not to be traded here. It is their music.
Yes, absolutely YOU do just that, especially in cases when it's legally released music that's being torrented.... and noticeably you fellas always seem to get it done just in time to so that anyone who is already downloading is able to get their complete, and then you guys most diligently shut it down.

That is very commendable, Jimmy.

However, your wording says that "We never allow trading of bands that request not to be traded here"

How DO you police "trading" ?

I can understand how you police "torrents"....and I can see how you'd be able to police vines and B&P, but how do you police "trading", especially when its one on one snail mail trading?

Are you guys ramdomly opening packages? Are you guys reading private messages? How do you do it?

As anyone can see, the name of the site is "The TRADER'S Den" as opposed to "The TORRENT Den" and we have to surmise that the site was so named to encourage swaping of music no matter what means or media used... and that says stamps and cassettes or even reels are also encouraged

Also, surely the site was so named before you acquired your badge of authority, James, but how do you make sure no one is snail mail trading any non approved items?

Inquiring minds wanna know, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!