View Single Post
Old 2009-03-17, 03:58 PM
Trader since 1980

TLH - problem with 'Browse for Folder' dialogue

I installed TLH V 2.4.1 (Build 160) on my Vista machine recently, and I'm trying to convert some FLACs to mp3.

I leave the FLACs in their original folders, and create new folders where the mp3 are to go, and select the 'Convert Encoding Format' option.

I select the Browse for Folder button to the right of the target folder display box, and a dialog box opens up; navigate to a folder which already exists (I create the folders with Win Explorer first) and once the folder is selected, convert files.

The problem comes about when I want to convert a second set of FLACs and put the generated mp3s into a different folder - TLH won't let me de-select the first target folder; the dialog box opens to allow me to navigate the folder tree, but no matter how I click, double-click, click the small arrow, etc on the folder above the one I want to de-select, or at the folder levels above that, it stubbornly refuses to de-select it, leaving me with the choice of putting the mp3s into that folder and manually copying them later, or resarting TLH to clear out whatever needs to be cleared out.

I also have version 2.3.1 (build 156) on my other, XP, machine, and that seems to work fine.

If this explanation is unclear, I'll add screenshots.

Any suggestions, anyone?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes