View Single Post
Old 2008-03-28, 11:45 AM
jack your body

Re: Problems burning dual layer DVDs

DLs suck and always will...end of story (maybe not in 5/10 years)

simply put i have lower standards of media than most people here on TTD, being that i collect .mp3 DJs set i see no reason on spending and extra $.75 just for another 4 gigs of space when i can pop in another disc and burn that no problem, ive always kinda looked at people here on TTD as media snobs, kinda like the smug episode of south park. Im a kid and like to save my money for food, books, bars etc. Im being as resourceful as i can and i encourage other to do the same, if DLs are so great why doesnt Taiyo Yuden make them? I cherish my media just as much as the next person and thats why i dont burn on DLs...because they are shitty and wont stand the test of time.

why no quad-layer?

and i seriously feel sorry for anyone over 30 who has posted in this topic...shouldnt you be at work or taking care of you kids instead of defending DLs...half the reason i even post here is to get a rise out of you TTD nerds who have nothing better to do than bitch to me about how DLs superior...my advice to you is to get a life and or wife/kids and not burn on DLs if you REALLY cherish quality media.

on the bright side, the suckers who spend an extra $.75 a disc for clearly more ink on the same disc you are the ones that are supporting the coming of new technology that will become the new standard whether DLs, Blu-ray, neon disc. 10 years from now ill jump on the bandwagon thinking back, wow thanks to all the chumps that helped stabilize X media format by spending more than twice what they could be for the same shit. but for now im content with 4.7 GB discs, because im not a fat lazy computer nerd who opposes compression/ getting up im the middle of a disc (way too much effort, especially when that mikes groove ends half way through, BUZZ KILL)

Man i really cant belive i just wrote that much, i fell like one of you, maybe i should pull a kostanza/wickerman and quit while im ahead

gg allin shits on dual layers