View Single Post
Old 2007-01-15, 04:13 PM

Re: Extremely slow d'load speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddt4428
First... how would I go about running a speed test. Then, if it is indeed the fact that they are just throttling my torrent packets, how would I go about diguising them (I guess I'll be a guinea pig for this). Also, Its not a slow connection just during peak hours, its during all hours. So I definately think the fact that charter is throttling me is a step in the right direction.
go to www.dslreports.com, click the Tools link at the top, then Speed Tests, then find one that's got lots of green and (you will have to have java installed for the next step) click Start Test. Make sure you have all internet-accessing problems turned off (like bittorrent clients) during the test.

As far as disguising (known as obfuscation in the bittorrent lingo) use Azureus as your bitorrent client and go to Tools, Options, Transfer (I think - you'll find it in there somewhere) and you can set up encryption on your data You may need to go to Azureus' wiki page (google it) to find out what kind of encryption is necessary for Charter, if it's even necessary.

-Slew
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes