View Single Post
Old 2014-12-04, 01:36 PM

Basic Downloading question for new guy

Im new to bittorent trading and downloading SHN and FLAC and I have a few basic questions after being up and running for a few days... I hope someone can shed some light on this for me....

1. I average 16-18mbps. The recordings I am downloading are averaging 1GB each. How many downloads at once do you think I can handle?

I have been doing the bittorent downloads... sometimes it downloads quickly other times not.

2. I have been backing up what I download to an external harddrive by dragging and dropping the folders of flac or shn directly from my computer harddrive to the external drive. It appears the windows "copies" the files to the external drive. Leaving one copy in its original destination and another in the external harddrive. I cant seem to figure out how to get the original in the external drive any other way.

Is this not the preferred way to do this? Am I introducing errors or otherwise harming my recordings by doing this?

3. Bittorent. I have been download shows. When complete, it says I am now "seeding" it. Does that take resources away from my other downloads? Also how do I know if someone is connected to my "seed"... I hate to remove the seed and screw someone over.

I sure would appreciate to hear your opinions. Thank you.

Last edited by stereory; 2014-12-04 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes