View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 03:49 PM

Re: Need help analysing files!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckandcover View Post
Solid white you mean?

Thanks for the info man, I didn't know this CEP tool! (I guess I have to read the sticky threads...)
Ok, this is another confirmation: show 1 looks fine (see cap) but others three are badly haircuted (2,3,4)! It's not "plain" white, but I guess it's enough to make those lossy!

Thanks again!
When it's zoomed in on a 2 second section it probably won't be solid. However after reading the sticky's for the last hour or so if at 16000 when it cuts off if you see blocks than you can be assured its lossy. If it seems to be a clean cut than its DAT. Thats what I take from the sticky's. For comparison I also have a topic in this section on going and I am more convinced that is DAT than MP3, just waiting on confirmation. As far as Cool Edit Pro goes yea there is a link in the sticky for download and they say it is best for spectral analysis. Read the sticky's, its tedious but very good info there. Also once you start playing around with a lossy file and a dat file and a lossless file you actually see the differences on CEP especially in Black and White. What is throwing me off on your samples are the FA's. They don't seem to have the big drop off at 16000. As far as FA's go also read the sticky's.
Remote Power: CA-9100 pre-amp, CA-UBB battery box
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d
Cable/s: custom 6" GAKables Mini Starquad
Batteries: Maha 9.6V Imedion, Maha Powerex 2700 mAh
Chargers: Maha MH-C9000, MAHA MH-C490F
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes