View Single Post
Old 2016-08-08, 08:53 AM
}{eywood, copyright fighter
TTD VIP

Location: too close to Niagara Falls to see what the big deal is
Re: Modīs, please allowed MP4 video to trade on TTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielG View Post
MPEG-2 is a dead technology. I see some people even uploading Blu-rays that are encoded in MPEG-2 - it's laughable. H.264, H.265, AVC are the new codecs that people should be encoding to.
I couldn't agree more. mpeg was an obsolete codec when DVDs were invented. At this point we were already using divx and xvid. I don't know what compelled the industry to use it. We wouldn't need 50gb blurays if it weren't for the bloated mpegs. It would have saved a lot of development time and research, plus all the new equipment everyone needed, if they just worked out a better codec to fit HD onto DVD
To enforce copyright laws is to prevent people from making peaceful use of the information they possess. If one has acquired the information legitimately it is a violation of freedom of speech to prevent one from using it, reproducing it, trading it. Information is a universal, existing in other people's minds and other people's property, and over these the originator has no legitimate sovereignty. Copyright laws extort from the public a reward enormously in excess of the labor measure of an entertainers' services, making them, in essence, discriminatory against anyone paid a single time for a job. The only way there will ever be balance is when we are either all paid ad infinitum for work we did years ago, or when they are not. Until then I will fight for the freedom of information by challenging copyright law every chance I get. Join the Pirate Party and help make a difference.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes