View Single Post
Old 2022-02-21, 01:09 PM
Syco54645 is a tool

Re: An application I have been working on to help with tagging flacs of live shows

Hey all. Wanted to provide an update on TagBot.
I started a new feature last night, currently I am calling it Automate: Rapid Mode. Previously the automate button would map tags to files at a 1:1, this worked somewhat but was rather limited as usually the number of tags does not match the number of files. In this new mode the application will highlight a tag and the user double clicks on the file that it correlates to. If a file contains multiple tracks the user can double click the same file multiple times. If a mistake is made you can cancel and start over or just drag and drop the correction at the end. My wife wants me to add an undo button so I will be investigating if this is something I want to do. This feature is still in development but it is coming.

On a side note this application is useless without a database. I have created a DMB, Dead, and Phish database thus far. I still intend to create one for U2 and The Smashing Pumpkins. If anyone can think of any other bands I am open to suggestions here. Of course a user can also create their own database to use. If someone needs help with this I am more than willing to help with that. This process has been a thorn in my side for years and finally having a way to automate it has been a dream of mine.

To be clear TagBot is fully functional in its release state. As always if you find a bug please let me know and I will get it fixed asap or at least provide a work around for it.