View Single Post
Old 2008-04-29, 01:36 PM

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrell69 View Post
ALL of us are capable of good & bad at any time during our existence on ANY tracker...or in life for that matter. I see alot of poor ratios who are hit n runners....no seeding afterwards, no comments or thanks, no posting.....if they still trade what they get outside of here are they still okay...in my book they're a burden to the site.
They're not a burden on the site, as evidenced by the fact that the site is thriving and is filled with great content and (mostly) generous file-sharers. I've seen no evidence that the site's performance is suffering due to any preponderance of hit-and-runners.

The whole purpose of the site is to share music. Some people share more than others, and some are able to share more than others, but as long as the music is being shared, I don't see what the problem is. For as long as I've been a collector of live music, I've been more than willing to spin a copy of any show in my collection for anyone who asked (and lots of people who didn't even ask).

I never required them to make additional copies for anyone else and I certainly never insulted them and called them a "fucking worthless leech" (or any of the other charming epithets that regularly show up on these forums) because I gave more music to them than they gave to me.

Quote:
Chances are they may even be selling the shows they get on a home-made website or sleezeBay.
Give me a break. They probably just have lives, and/or other uses for their computers and internet connections besides seeding torrents 24/7.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes