View Single Post
Old 2013-04-17, 03:18 AM

Google Glasses taping - any idea ?

Hi!

I'm surprised that this has not been discussed yet.

You may have heard about Google's forthcoming smart-glasses which will features photo camera and recording facilities.

But don't get me wrong, I am not a massive Google fan, and I don't really like the fact that the smart glasses will mainly rely on online services. The aim of the "recording your life" capacity is mainly aimed for social networks. I wouldn't buy them so.

And it's still not clear if they'll be allowed into venues as they might be problematic, but that sounds for me a good new tool for taping shows.

I haven't looked at the spec, but I unfortunately assume that they won't offer great quality audio, and even not the possibility to save in a lossless format (well, something like PCM audio and high quality MPEG-4 video).

What do you think about this ? Would you try to tape shows with such glasses ? Do you think that taper-friendly glasses will emerge in the future ? Or do you think that taping will be less and less common because people will be even more able to share on social networks video recordings of live shows (but mainly incomplete footages of the most rated singles as usual).