View Single Post
Old 2008-01-04, 12:10 PM
welcome to the water ball

Re: Got the call from Comcast !

"If anyone else runs into this situation all you need tell their customer service rep that you want to stop your service. You will be connected to their "retention" department and they will kiss your ass and give you new "promotions" to get your bill back to normal... took me a while to get through, but well worth saving $40 a month."

So true. I've found that if you're willing to stay calm, keep asking for a supervisor, and then ask for his supervisor, and state your case clearly with the occasional mention of blogging and letters to editors, large corporations have a way of giving you whatever you ask for, sometimes even more (five years ago I spent a total of maybe four hours on the phone over a month and Ma Bell gave me 180 bucks back off a year's worth of bs bills. 45 bucks an hour, fair wages, and tax-free! Of course, it was my money in the first place...).
Only one in ten thousand people at most ever have the balls to fight back and demand what they pay for, be it bandwidth, whatever, so it's worth it. Plus, the feeling of beating Ma Bell, etc at their own game is a mighty good one!
We're only completely fucked when no one will stand up and fight for what's right anymore.
Ron Paul for Comcast CEO!