View Single Post
Old 2008-01-03, 12:38 PM

Re: Got the call from Comcast !

I can't resist chiming in on this one as I have received "2 strikes" already from Cablevision (basically the same as comcast since they provide "I/O" service)...

Strike one came in the way of throttling by bandwidth back to the point where my vonage service was unable to work... after trying everything to get it back up and talking to their tech support, those idiots finally realized that they had throttled me. Not only did I not receive the courtesy of a call but it took several calls and a total of over an hour of hold time for them to realize that the problem was that they had fucked me over on purpose... So after a patronizing warning and me trying to figure who it is at comcast that I was going to seek out and beat to a slow bloody death, they un-throttled me.

Strike two came in the way of a phone call - the courtesy was probably because I switched over to their phone service... again, a fun-filled screaming match with their poor clueless operator ensued (I know it's not their fault but it sucks to be the bearer of bad and ridiculously unfair news)

So, yes - my ratio sucks because I can only leave a torrent open for an hour or risk the "3rd strike" and get my service cut off all together. This was the best recommendation I was able to find on how to avoid exceeding their mysterious limits since they of course won't tell you how much is too much. This is what really pisses me off - how the fuck can I avoid going over your stupid limits if you don't tell me what they are???? Why is this considered proprietary?

Then of course there is the issue of them trying to jack my bill up by $40 or so (not an exaggeration) every 6 months which happened again yesterday. What a wonderful way to say happy new year to your customers. Apparently my "promotions" keep expiring. If anyone else runs into this situation all you need tell their customer service rep that you want to stop your service. You will be connected to their "retention" department and they will kiss your ass and give you new "promotions" to get your bill back to normal... took me a while to get through, but well worth saving $40 a month.

So, why am I still with them? Because they are all that's available! I'm counting the days until fios comes to my town though... then it's the final farewell to those awful monopolistic ass clowns
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes