View Single Post
Old 2006-04-12, 10:00 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Firewall Issues I can't figure out

I have a dynamic IP address, however, I have a static *local* IP address. Each of these is addressed in a different area. Your computer needs to be set up to have a static IP address. It will look like 192.168.1.xxx. In your router, you will find that IP addresses are mentioned in a couple of different areas. You want your ISP to be able to random assign you one, however, you need to be able to manually assign your computers an IP (the local one). That is called DHCP and that needs to be turned OFF in order to use a static local IP. Once you set that up, you need to restart your computer.

Sorry if this is all repeated, but you mentioned you went back to a dynamic IP address in your router and I'm not sure you should do that (but again, it depends on if you are talking about the IP your ISP assigns you or if you are talking about DHCP).

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes