View Single Post
Old 2016-05-28, 08:25 AM
World-Class Slack-Ass

Re: Why are tracks left unlabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwonter View Post
I think I may change my filenaming to "track number - song title" , This would let those who burn to CD see the song titles if their CD player has CD Text, and should still serve the digital player crowd well. Any input on that thought would be welcome, especially if someone notices a pitfall in doing it that way.
Unless the track number is necessary to keep the songs in order (maybe it is, I don't know) I don't think that it really adds anything to the file name. What I find the most useful is "band name - song title" because I fill up my music player (I still use Winamp!) with a ton of music and keep adding to it, so just having a "track number - song title" doesn't really tell me enough. I can read through the setlist and figure it out, but it's easier to just have the band name so I can scroll to where I want. I've actually tagged some of my recordings that I've done extra editing on (cutting off the end of tracks, putting in fades, and making the show seamless) and I like how it appears in Winamp and on cd's, so maybe I will start tagging my recordings.

Here's a screenshot of a section of my Winamp playlist. It's got a mix of my recordings and downloaded stuff, and from that sample it seems to me that the most legible and useful naming standard is the "band name - song title"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp screenshot.jpg
( 96.9 KB, 68 views)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes