View Single Post
Old 2009-01-27, 10:46 PM
making love, not war.

Re: having trouble burning DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
your computer (especially if older!!) must be capable of streaming 8GB+ of data without a hiccup.
otherwise you get a coaster.
aahhh... i see. (sometimes you just have to smack me silly- my head's a block of swiss cheese- holes and all. hee hee but while a little older, I know it can do it- I've done it before.... in fact, that was part of the frustration- it would burn, it wouldn't burn, it would, it wouldn't...

Quote:
tuneup the system > reboot > turn off all unnecessary apps (and screensaver/power management settings/antivirus software) > burn
if you still get coasters..you need a new computer/give up.
I'll give it a shot, but I've already flashed my drive and am now using liteon firmware- the fellas over at CD Freaks were kind enough to help me out with that- but yet... still no dice.

Thanx SOOO much for the info though. I'll give it one last go...
We’re all connected; to each other, biologically; to the Earth, chemically; and to the rest of the universe, atomically. That’s kind of cool. That makes me smile. And I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe; we’re a part of the universe. We’re in the universe and the universe is in us.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes