View Single Post
Old 2008-09-30, 11:23 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Some uploading questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Hey I just noticed something.

I'm building my new .torrent file to do an upload for tradersden. In T.L.H. I see there is an option for "Peers source" that is set to "single tracker". I never paid this any mind b4 but looking now I see it has options for "multiple trackers".

Am I right in assuming that I could have selected "multiple trackers" on that when I first seeded this to Dime and then (somehow) seeded it on BOTH Dime and Tradersden at the SAME time? (Going up to each site seperately & using my same .torrent file to start the upload to both places)?
I don't think this works when you have sites that have passkey (personalized torrents). Both Dime and TTD require a personalized torrent. You upload the torrent file you make, but then you download the personalized torrent from the site in order to seed the show. Dime cannot personalize that torrent file for the TTD tracker just as we can't personalize the torrent for Dime's tracker. Therefore, both the tracker urls in the torrent cannot be personalized when you download the torrent file to seed the show.

It only means you need to make two torrent files. You don't need to duplicate the files or anything.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes